6.19.2013

What do you value the most ?




"To be mature you have to realize what you value the most.

It is extraordinary to discover that comparatively few people reach this level of maturity.They seem never to have paused to consider what has value for them.

They spend great effort and sometimes make great sacrifices for values that, fundamentally, meet no real needs of their own. Perhaps they have imbibed the values of their particular profession or job, of their community or their neighbors, of their parents or family.

Not to arrive at a clear understanding of one's own values is a tragic waste.
You have missed the whole point of what life is for."

Eleanor Roosevelt 

13 comentários:

  1. wow, those words are hard hitting. I agree whole heatedly with the sentiment too, life is short, must try not to waste it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. i always wonder a lot about this kind of things,especially when my birthday is near*

      Eliminar
    2. Anónimo20.6.13

      My birthday is nearing, too, and these days I think about this alot. It would kill me, ironically, if I die missing the whole point of life. :)

      Eliminar
    3. when it's your birthday? :)

      Eliminar
    4. Anónimo20.6.13

      June 25 :) When's yours?

      Eliminar
    5. June 26th <3 ahahahha so close!

      Eliminar
    6. Anónimo20.6.13

      !! I love being a cancerian and love that you're one too! I have so many dear friends born in june and july. :D

      Eliminar
    7. Yes,me too! my father's birthday is coming,23th of June and i know a couple of more delightful people whose birthdays are coming very soon too!

      Eliminar
  2. now it's my turn to say "thank you for sharing this"!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Nice words! I think what I value the most is simply being alive. Experiencing life through travels and wonderful people, there is nothing better.

    ResponderEliminar